Virtual Manager’s Workshop:
Furlough: Supporting the Reluctant Returners
When employees have been on furlough for months, they are naturally going to feel nervous about coming back to work. They’ll worry about how safe they’ll be in the workplace and how they’ll cope with new ways of working, as well as dealing with the effects of lockdown, financial pressures, stress, anxiety, and even grief.
This virtual workshop is designed to give managers the guidance they need to be able to support employees who are reluctant to come off furlough. All participants will also have access to a free Facebook group for 3 months after the workshop where they can get further help and support.
What you’ll learn
• How to treat employees with compassion and demonstrate empathy.
• How to provide reassurance, reduce anxiety, and build resilience in your team.
• How to communicate openly and honestly with employees returning from furlough.
• How to involve employees in the health and Safety process.
• How to handle difficult conversations and keep things positive and constructive.
• How to negotiate an agreement to return to work.
Date: 9th July
Time: 2 pm to 4 pm
Spaces available: 10
Date: 31st July
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
Spaces available: 10
How to book:
|Virtual Workshops July|
Or Alternatively to reserve your place…. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Special offer of £65 per person
Book quickly to avoid disappointment!
Bite-Size Masterclasses start at £250 for half-a-day, with up to 12 Attendees.
- Up-levelling your leadership for managing successful teams
- How to increase your influence at work
- How to do change well in your business
- How to manage a team to avoid grievances
- How to manage a team for high productivity and happiness
- How to Build Resilience in times of uncertainty
- How to create a simple Employee Induction process
- The Art of Delegation – do you what you do best, delegate the rest
- How to succeed at difficult conversations
- Thriving not Surviving – The Art of Resilience
- Develop your Persuasion abilities
- Essential Management Skills for new and returning managers
- Employee engagement – the manager’s role in all of this
- Essential communication skills to improve the workplace
- Moving from team member to team manager
- Problem-solving and decision making to grow your business
All Masterclasses include the workbooks and help cards.
Masterclasses can be adapted for your business needs. Part of the ethos of the Masterclass is to create good working relationships and bring in some fun. It has been shown that fun helps the learning embed. Other Masterclasses can be developed. Contact me to discuss your requirements.
The Masterclasses are held at your premises. If you would like the Masterclass outside of the normal work environment, I can organise the logistics of this for you but room fees and any catering costs will need to be picked up by your business. Alternatively, Masterclasses can be run as virtual events, particularly in these times.
I can highly recommend Nicola, she has been instrumental in creating real positive change at the Butterfly Hospice. She recently delivered a team event in which our team established a team charter. The day was very enjoyable and certainly worthwhile. Great day!
Linda Sanderson – Business Lecturer
I recently attended a course with The People Mentor I found the course informative, fun and very interactive.
I came away with some great ideas that I have been able to implement into my work and personal life.
Vicky Broughton – Travel Counsellor
Want to discuss running a masterclass for your business, then email to set up a discussion. Masterclasses can be tailored to your business needs