About The People Mentor
I’m Nicola, the face behind The People Mentor, and I like to think of myself as a creative problem solver with a love of life.
I live and work just outside of Boston in Lincolnshire, but I travel across the UK to help SMEs Business Owners and their Managers develop the managers and their teams to create better-performing businesses.
With my support, managers can learn how to build and develop great teams, business processes become much more effective, and employees are more engaged. The result is always better business performance and profitability.
I’ve managed and lead teams and projects for 30 years, and I know how hard it is to be the lone voice pushing for change that you know is needed. I know how frustrating it can be to battle against fixed mindsets who don’t want to change the status quo. I understand more than most how it feels to have a lot of great ideas about how to turn things around but no idea where to start.
In these uncertain times, business needs to grow, not just survive and that’s why managers, especially the accidental ones, and teams need to be equipped with the right skillsets to go into the next decade and beyond.
When you work with me, I:
- Upskill managers so they can deal with the fundamentals of people management, freeing up your time for the strategic business tasks that are going to directly improve business performance.
- Work with teams to help them understand where they fit into the bigger picture and rally them behind common goals.
- Help you lead change confidently and effectively.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the weight was lifted off your shoulders?
How would it feel if you could spend your time making a difference to the business instead of firefighting?
What if you could approach your teams with confidence and evidence that persuaded them that change was needed?
Well, you can
I’ll honestly appraise what the business needs but I’ll do so with empathy, understanding and respect. I’m not an aggressive consultant who will come crashing in and upset the apple cart, but I have clear boundaries and the skills to give you a roadmap to better business performance and profits.
So if you need the help of a business consultant who:
- Will lead from the front;
- Has excellent people skills, knows how to build great teams, and what makes them tick;
- Knows how to engage with employees and build trust;
- Is a problem-solving ninja who knows the tools and techniques to use to get to the root of any issues;
- Will help you increase business performance and profitability by harnessing the power of teams
Get in touch to find out exactly how I can help.
I first contacted Nicola at thepeoplementor.co.uk to discuss training options as we have a long-serving dispensary manager, who has developed the role successfully into her own over a long period of time but is looking at reducing her working commitment with a view to retirement in the next couple of years. We had a staff member in mind to take over this role with a slow transition period, to develop, in the knowledge she already has of working in a busy dispensary environment.
We were keen for this staff member to further develop her leadership skills and also to help develop her confidence in dealing with every eventuality that might come her way, in a calm, confident and considered manner. Nicola took the time to understand the environment in which our staff member worked, before putting a structured training and development programme together, utilising face to face teaching skills, along with a distinctive web-based learning programme.
Nicola has assisted and educated our staff member to have the confidence, self-belief and knowledge that we always believed she had, the training has not only helped develop our staff member but also ensured that our dispensary will have a bright future, with new ideas and a leader with the confidence to strategically plan and execute them to a high standard.
We cannot recommend Nicola enough.
Chris Maddison – GP Practice Manager
The Practical Bit
As well as having plenty of experience, I hold a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Diploma in Professional Consulting as well as Chartered Management Status. One of my passions is keeping up to date on the latest thinking and I recently completed a CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Leadership and Management Practice alongside becoming accredited as a DISC Facilitator.
When I’m not The People Mentor
- I’m a trustee for the wonderful Butterfly Hospice.
- I co-run a local networking group with two other amazing ladies to promote collaboration and support for other businesses.
- I babysit my gorgeous grandchildren, the complete apples of my eye.