Tags archives: development
It isn’t easy running a business. Just when you think you’ve
mastered one thing, something else comes along, whether it’s new legislation,
new technology, new competition, or new customer demands. And that’s just for
starters. I haven’t even mentioned hiring the right employees and keeping them[...]
Do you think we ever truly know ourselves? As leaders, it is vital we understand our reactions and approaches to situations and people. In truly understanding ourselves we then use our strengths to help others and continue to develop ourselves. Knowing our weaknesses means we can offset them and wor[...]
- In July 2017 CBI stated Its survey of 357 businesses found over 40% of businesses said Brexit has affected their investment decisions. Of these, 98% said the impact has been negative. From my perspective, I am still seeing this trend with people I speak to, saying they will not invest in their busin[...]
Have you ever dealt with a Management Consultant? If so, what stood out to you about their characteristics?When a Management consultant is brought in to the business it can create a defensive mode with the employees and Leader’s, that can easily result in the consultant’s time being wasted a[...]
This week I’ve been reminiscing and it took me back to the days where as a child I was brought up in a home-made cake shop and tea shop in a tiny village in West Sussex. From the age of seven I would help out and it was a fantastic experience for a child, as it gave me the confidence to speak out an[...]
“There is nothing permanent except change”
HeraclitusAre you one of those people who like change or are you someone who runs a mile away from any sign of a change!
Change Agility is a term used to describe the ability to quickly and successfully concentrate and implement change in a business[...]
- In light of the recent cyber security incident, it prompted me to consider communications in a crisis.Have you ever been there when something has created a crisis at work and the news has spread faster than grease lightning? Gossip flows and before you know it, it’s like the Chinese whispers sto[...]
- There you are in the middle of the change in the workplace and someone says you didn’t tell me about this or an element of it! Suddenly everything grinds to a halt. Alternatively, you have so many Senior Managers wanting to direct the[...]
- Have you experienced approaching someone to discuss an issue and they’re half-heartedly listening to you and they just carrying on what they’re doing?
How’s that made you feel? Unimportant and a nuisance?
Sadly, what’s missing here is interpersonal skills, particularly around communications.
- Recently I sat down with a cup of coffee and started drafting my personal development plan (PDP). I’m a sole trader so why would I do that? Well, I wanted to make sure I was continually developing my professional skills for my customers as well as stretching myself.It doesn’t matter whether we are[...]
- Resilience is about your aptitude to bounce back from problems and remain determined in the throes of hardship. Often there are many deviations along the way, alongside snags and challenges. So, it’s essential to build your resilience to help you recover quickly from difficulties through building s[...]
Last week I talked about the different generations and what their needs are and how they can contribute to the workplace. This week I thought I’d explore what you can do as an employer to build teams that work well together and are engaged with the business.What we do know.What we do know [...]